Friday, August 1, 2008

INTRODUCTION TO THIS BLOG
Velikovsky, King Arthur, and More

I found Velikovsky to be a very erudite, cautious, and serious scholar to be reckoned with. Always a gentlemen and gracious, his approach was reasonable:

“In my published books, notwithstanding often repeated allegations, no physical law is ever abrogated or “temporarily suspended”; what I offered in them is primarily a reconstruction of events from the historical past. Thus I did not set out to confront the existing views with a theory or hypothesis and to develop it into a competing system. My work is first a reconstruction, not a theory; it is built upon studying the human testimony as preserved in the heritage of all ancient civilizations—“ [From My Challenge to Conventional Views in Science]

I knew him and was associated with him for many years and I wish to share his ideas and some of my memories with a new generation of those who may never have heard of him. Recent developments and discoveries compel a re-evaluation of his work. If you go ballistic on hearing his name, go elsewhere; this blog is not for you.

The same with the story of King Arthur. If you think it is only a myth, so be it. But if you want to look at evidence that he was a very real person living in the 6th century AD and came to America following a devastating catastrophe in Britain, then you will find some interesting material here. I follow the work of Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett as outlined in The King Arthur Conspiracy. Why? Because I find their work the most viable reconstruction of the legendary King Arthur story. They say it best:

“This work constitutes an entirely new synthesis of the earliest evidence. Britain has two ancient histories. One version is a mass of confusions and dead ends, starting with events of the 5th Century AD. This establishment version of history ignores ancient British records, relics, and evidence.”


I plan to share many other ideas, often as revolutionary or controversial as Velikovsky or King Arthur. All ideas, theories, and reconstructions, stand or fall on their own; I only report what find that, to me, has merit.

No comments: